Thrillist Picks 17 Detroit-Area Restaurants 'That Make an Impact Beyond Their Food'
March 26th, 2015, 8:18 AM
Selections from Detroit Vegan Soul, 8029 Agnes in Detroit's West Village neighborhood. (Facebook photo)
Thrillist lists what it calls the 17 most important eateries in Metro Detroit. Nicole Rupersburg writes:
Moreso than perhaps any other major metropolitan area, Detroit's restaurants are judged not just by subjective standards of quality, but also by their overall significance to the city.
This isn't about the best restaurants or the oldest restaurants or the quirkiest or the trendiest or the most beloved; this is about the restaurants that make an impact beyond their food, and have become a part of the fabric of what it means to eat and live in Detroit.
The roster actually has 18 places because No. 15 is a dual entry :
- Colors, 311 E. Grand River, Detroit
- Detroit Vegan Soul, 8029 Agnes St., Detroit
- Green Dot Stables, 2200 W. Lafayette, Detroit
- El Barzon Restaurante, 3710 Junction Street, Detroit
- The Golden Fleece, 525 Monroe Street, Detroit
- Joe Muer Seafood, 400 Renaissance Center, Detroit
- Vince's Italian Restaurant, 1341 Springwells St, Detroit
- Supino Pizzeria, 2457 Russell Street, Detroit
- Slows BAR BQ, 2138 Michigan Avenue, Detroit
- Roma Cafe, 3401 Riopelle St, Detroit
- (revolver), 9737 Joseph Campau Ave, Hamtramck
- Roast, 1128 Washington Blvd, Detroit
- The Rattlesnake Club, 300 River Place Drive, Detroit
- Polonia, 2934 Yemans Street, Hamtramck
- Lafayette/American Coney Islands, 118 and 114 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit
- Buddy's Pizza, (multiple sites) original location: 17125 Conant St., Detroit
- Bucharest Grill, (multiple sites) original location: 2040 Park Ave, Detroit