Politics Podcast: Who Should Have Investigated MSU Scandal?
January 12th, 2018, 4:45 AM
Bill Ballenger and Dennis Denno, veterans of Michigan politics, discuss timely issues on "The Friday Morning Podcast," posted in partnership with Deadline Detroit.
- Should the Michigan Legislature hold the state's taxpayers harmless if they lose their personal exemption due to the new tax reform law passed by Congress?
- Why are so many candidates running to succeed Rep David Trott in the 11th Congressional District?
- Three Republican candidates for governor, minus Bill Schuette, say they'll team up in a series of town halls around the state. Should the two Republicans running for U.S. Senate do the same thing?
- Will enough signatures be validated on petitions to force an initiated law banning the prevailing wage?
- Who should have investigated MSU's mishandling of the Larry Nassar sex scandal long before now—Attorney General Bill Schuette or Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gretchen Whitmer?