Crime

Flagpole Touches Electrical Wire, Sending Two to Burn Unit in Oakland County


October 07, 2019, 3:29 PM

Featured_flag_27821

Two men in Oakland County's  Independence Township were putting up a flagpole Sunday afternoon, when it touched an electrical wire above. The current was enough to send them to the hospital, authorities say.

One man, age 36, is in critical condition, WWJ reports. The other, a 61-year old man, was alert and responsive, doctors reported. Medical professionals took the men to the burn unit at McLaren Oakland Hospital.

The incident happened at the Alano Club in the 5000 block of Clintonville Rd, which bills itself as offering "an excellent environment to join in the celebration of life while helping each other achieve personal success with sobriety."

Authorities are still investigating, WWJ reports.


Read more:  WWJ


Leave a Comment:

Photo Of The Day 

Potd_img_8037_354 Spotted off Griswold, a cute teddy bear all buckled up for its adventure of Downtown Detroit.

By: Michael Lucido