Deadline Detroit is a one-stop online news site that aggregates the best stories from local, national and international media about Metro Detroit. It also produces original reporting and provides commentary from top-rate local journalists. The site has led the way in the area of visual journalism through the use of drone videos, and has added a welcome spark to the journalistic landscape in Detroit.
The site was founded in 2012 by Bill McGraw, who worked for the Detroit Free Press for 32 years, and Allan Lengel, who worked for the Detroit News and the Washington Post.
Deadline Detroit’s office is in downtown Detroit. Initial funding has come from Compuware Ventures, a division of Compuware. The news operation maintains total journalistic independence. Our address is: Deadline Detroit, Ford Building, 615 Griswold, 7th Floor, Detroit, Michigan, 48226.
To contact us, please write: email@example.com
What's That Photo At The Top Of The Page?
Homepage: The Globe Building, looking west towards downtown. Photo by John Furtado
Business: Eastern Market at night. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Cityscape: Detroit flag. Photo by John Furtado
Crime: East side of Belle Isle. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Et Cetera: Sign outside the Detroit Historical Museum. Photo by John Furtado
Lifestyle: Seats at the Detroit Opera House. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Media: Print shop at the Detroit Historical Museum. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Politics: The Spirit Of Detroit. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Renaissance: Construction in Midtown. Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Sports: Photo by Lauren Ann Davies
Tech: Detroit skyline
Have a photo you think would look great? We would love to feature it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline Detroit respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, Deadline Detroit has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Deadline Detroit’s designated agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
615 Griswold Street
Detroit, Michigan 48226
Phone: (202) 309.5555
Email: Allan.Lengel@gmail.com and Allan@deadlinedetroit.com