Bill Ballenger and Dennis Denno, veterans of Michigan politics, discuss timely issues on "The Friday Morning Podcast," sponsored by Deadline Detroit:
- Bob Sheehan of the Community Mental Health Association. Anyone who has a loved one suffering with mental illness will want to listen.
- Finishing touches put on partial restoration of vetoed funding for 2020 budget and reversal of budget transfers.
- Legislature sends Gov. Gretchen Whitmer 10 bills instituting online gambling and sports betting.
- Rep. Larry Inman beats the rap on lying to the FBI. But a mistrial is declared on charges against him on attempted extortion and bribery after the jury deadlocked. The prosecution could retry on those counts.
- Whitmer steps into Wayne State University Board of Governors fracas by appointing a member, Kim Trent, to her administration.