New honorees for the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame include former WXZY reporter Bill Proctor, whose investigations led to the creation of the University of Michigan Law School’s Innocence Clinic that he's involved with.
Proctor, who was with WXYZ for 33, retired from the station in 2013.
Other 2020 inductees:
- Retired Detroit News sportswriter Tom Gage
- The late Pulitzer Prize winner Angelo Henderson of the Detroit Wall Street Journal’s Detroit bureau and Detroit News
- Publisher and former Executive Editor Arthur Horwitz of the Detroit Jewish News
- Retired Grand Rapids Press editor Mike Lloyd
- Former Detroit Free Press music and arts critic Mark Stryker.
The annual dinner is April 26 at the Kellogg Center at Michigan State University.
For reservations and other information, contact Betsy DeSantis at (517) 353-6431 or email email@example.com.