Vegan Festival Thursday at Eastern Market Goes Beyond Food
March 5th, 2018, 8:52 PM
A six-hour "vegan celebration" features food, music, comedy and even speed dating from 3-9 p.m. Thursday in Eastern Market's Shed 5.
Offerings include vegan burgers, vegan chili dogs, crepes, acai bowls, soups, cold-pressed juice, baked goods, smoothies, nondairy ice cream, popcorn tofu, Violife cheese, ginger beer and more.
Here's what to expect:
- Fifteen food vendors: Detroit Vegan Soul, Nosh Pit food truck, The Clean Plate, Crepe Day Twah, DeVries & Co., Ice Cream Plant, Fresh 101, Shimmy Shack, Ale Mary's Beer Hall, Plum Market, Paradise Natural Foods, Safflower Street, Veggininis Paradise Cafe.
- Music from Rosie and the Fellas and Once United.
- More than four dozen exhibitors, some with giveaways.
- Presentations by local and national speakers, including Dr. Milton Mills of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and Black Vegans Rock, and YouTube personality Mic the Vegan.
- Panel discussions about local vegan resources and other topics.
- "Vegan Jeopardy” and a snack-making demonstration.
Tickets are available at the door and online for $15 and include parking. Advance buyers get $5 in concession vouchers and a door prize drawing.